Sunday 2 November 2014

Newborn Gadgets - Cleaning Essentials

Following on from 'Newborn Gadgets: Feeding Essentials' here is my list of cleaning essentials that I wish we had stocked up on before the little red head was born.


By nappy change number fourteen of the day you tend to want to make your life a little easier. This is why I will always sing the praises of the Tommee Tippee Sangenic nappy bin. It wraps the nappies tightly in sort of a plastic wrap so you don't have a whiffy bedroom, or the need to run outside in the pouring rain to throw out the oddly sweet/sour scented parcel in your hand. Once nappy changes reduce and poos become more predictable it's still a handy bin to have around, even without the wraps. In the beginning this really helped not to push us over the edge into crazy.

Although we mainly used cotton wool and water for Lena's nappy changes in the first few months I wish I had found Water Wipes sooner, especially during those explosives changes when you seem to be grabbing cotton ball number 500 and still not getting anywhere near clean. These are mainly water so no concerns about chemicals on your newborn's bottom.



Speaking of nappy rash, I am chuffed to say that Lena has never had a sore derriere and I 100% put this down to our over usage of Sudocrem. I'm sure that we have helped keep them in business. After every change this was applied and even now she gets a good coating of it before bed. It's also become a firm favourite for other reasons and I seem to use it in the same way that the father from My Big Fat Greek Wedding uses Windolene. It's a miracle worker when your skin breaks out.

In terms of bath time I can't tell you how grateful I was to receive the CleverMama towel from Grauntie (Lena's Great Auntie) We still use it now and it was a lifesaver during the first few months of bathing a floppy, slippery, wriggly newborn. At one end is a popper clip to attach around your neck and at the other a little hood for your baby. The idea is that you bring your clean baby up to your chest for a cuddle and pull up the bottom section of the towel, with the hood, encasing your little one if fluffy towel goodness.

Lastly, Aveeno baby has really helped with Lena's sensitive skin. By no means could we bathe her in water alone as it would just suck any moisture out of her and we found the Aveeno range to be the gentlest and kindest to her skin.

Next up.... Other bits!

1 comment:

  1. Chuffed to be mentioned in your blog but most of all I love reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Lovely to hear from you