Tuesday 20 May 2014

Get Crafty: Charley Harper Fabric


When Lena was first born we were given the most beautiful book by a fellow new mum. When I opened it the pictures absolutely took my breath away. I knew when I brought it home it would bridge the gap between what I wanted to read to our red head (Angelina Ballerina, Mallory Towers etc) and what Dominic would want to read to her (The Way Things Work, Norse Mythology etc)

Since we received the Colours Book, we have also invested in the ABCs and 123 book. Pop over to Amazon where you can buy all three.


Lena absolutely loves these books. His use of shapes and colours are not only intriguing for me, but for her each read is one of true exploration. Certain pictures do require some serious detective work to see the animals, and once discovered she really does squeal with delight.



Since the whole family appreciate his work, I am excited to know that Birch Organics Fabric have released some designs.


Fabric Worm have a lovely selection of poplins and do ship internationally but as they're based in the USA the cost of this is quite prohibitive. However, The Eternal Maker in the UK have just started stocking a lovely selection of cotton canvas.

It won't be long until a little stash finds itself in my fabric hoard, I am sure. I am hoping to make Lena a little dress from two contrasting prints. But after seeing this free tutorial available from Birch Fabrics, I may have to venture into the land of quilting again,


The official Charley Harper Art Studio also have this amazing quilt pattern for sale for $21, which is quite tempting.


 If you love the prints but aren't too keen on using your own sewing machine look at some of the delights available from Etsy below:


Baby gift set, baby bib, flannel and nappy caddy: LilSweetiePies, £14.61


Light switch cover: SSK Designs, £9.76




1 comment:

Thanks for your comment! Lovely to hear from you